Saturday, October 5, 2013

Tao...

Today was a magical day.  I feel like I just came out of a Disney movie!  I got to meet and take yoga class with the most amazing teacher.  She is 95 years old.  95!!  Can you even imagine being 95?  I know that I can’t.  And I can only dream about being 95 and still being able to walk, let alone touch my toes.  But this woman does more than touch her toes…She does things that some people can’t do at 20. 
But what she really did is teach me some very important lessons, lessons that I can only hope that everyone would learn.  She taught about love.  Loving everyone and everything is so important to her.  The woman smiled the entire time.  Not a fake smile because everyone was looking at her but a real smile, a smile that comes from within and radiates outward because her heart is filled with love.
She taught about living in the moment, this moment, right now.  How much more precious is life when we are present?  How much more enjoyment would we get if we lived for right now this very moment instead of worrying about every little thing that comes to mind.  If we understood that this moment will end so quickly and the next will be here shortly, maybe we could endure a little more hardship.   Every moment doesn’t have to be bliss but we should be present for every moment and then let it pass.  Move with time so we aren’t stuck in the last moment.  So we can fully experience all that life has to offer.
She said not to procrastinate.  HHMMM!  That’s a tough one for me.  But I think she might be on to something there too. If we just do the next thing we don’t have to think about it later. 

It is my hope that all of you will learn these same lessons.  I would love for all of us to just live joyfully.  We only get a short time to live. And if we are truly blessed we get 95 years!  

No comments:

Post a Comment