Friday, March 9, 2012

James 1:4

It's funny but for years I've memorized the verse James 1:2-3 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers , wheneveryou face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."  But last night, I read past that verse and on to the next one. 1:4 "Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  and then not 2 minutes later Sarge pissed right on the page.  Yes, all over my Bible...AH perseverance!  Lord, I'm not sure how mature and complete I'm getting. But I am sure that I am losing my strength.  I can't feel you working.  I know you are ALWAYS there yet, I can't find you.  I'm so very tired and looking for rest.  Maybe I'm looking for the wrong type of rest.  I am not good at waiting and I know that is what I'm doing right now.  Perhaps that's what you are wanting me to do.  Graciously wait for you to fix these problems.  I pray that for today I can wait, I can persevere, I can be patient and trust that you have got this under control.  I also pray for my husband as he is needing your hand on him today.  Please help him to relax and to understand that it's only a job.  Please give us the peace that we know is right at our fingetips.  Show us how to reach for it and how to rest in you.  In Jesus name I pray!  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment